Saturday, January 18, 2014

New Beginnings and Resolutions

What do you know, it has been more than 2 years since I wrote in this blog, and now I'm thinking of reviving this blog again. Last year was a bit of a see-saw ride where the earlier half of the year up, and the latter half mainly down.
I've been actually down since August, and never really recuperated. Lots of problems emerged from my volunteer work (not that the organization was the problem) because of my own shortcomings, and I decided to quit from my service altogether. It was one of the biggest decisions I had to make last year, and I bet it would be one of my biggest regret later on, but, life goes on and I now have to tread the path I took.

I know it's already half-past January and a bit late for New Year's Resolutions, but for the Chinese it's still the Year of the Water Snake so I guess my late resolutions are excusable. Anyway, here goes...

I plan to wake up early and exercise (yes, exercise). These are 2 of my greatest shortcomings (right now I'm actually writing this at 4 in the morning). I think I have already developed insomnia because I'm having difficulty sleeping early even though I'm already lying down at around 12MN (and yes I know, that's still late). My belly's already getting bigger and I'm not even married yet, which means my metabolism is becoming slower. I'm hoping to combat it before all hope gets lost. :D

Anyway so I plan to bike to UP Diliman, run/jog for a few rounds at the UP acad oval, then come back at the house. The bike to and fro Diliman will already take an hour and a half, so a round or two around the oval will probably suffice. I'll be posting my progress here. :)

By the way, the other reason why I'm writing here again is because I'm currently having difficulty writing my papers in the academe (which is a lot, lately). I have been on a year long hiatus and I just recently enrolled, and I hope this blog will reinvigorate my writing skills again. This means regularly writing on this blog will also be one of my 'New Year's Resolutions'.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...