Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dropbox vs. Sugarsync 2: the battle of cloud storage services continues

The battle between the two main cloud storage services rages on as Sugarsync has recently uploaded a Sugarsync vs. Dropbox video via Youtube.
Obviously the video will be biased, and while I do agree with what the video has shown, I still prefer Dropbox over Sugarsync. I don't really know why, probably because Dropbox is the first one I've known, and I guess also because it is still faster to upload and download in Dropbox. And that's really a plus for me since I work on an aging laptop. hehehe.

Now, new cloud storage services are pouring in, like Memopal and 4Shared. 4Shared even has a 10Gb of free initial storage space! Who knows? In the near future we might have everything in the cloud!


PS. I just read this from an email confirming my registration from 4Shared sync. I found it scary, since cloud storage services are supposedly for backup. Here's the message:

(TAKE NOTE, THIS IS 4SHARED ONLY AND NOT FROM DROPBOX AND SUGARSYNC)
PLEASE NOTE: You have to log into your free account at least once per 30 days. Failing this, your free account and all your files will be automatically deleted! In this case, lost information can not be restored. Please don't forget to visit your account every 30 days. Thank you for using our service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...