Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Audio Exercise 1

One of the courses I have this semester is the MMS172: Audio in Multimedia. As the course name implies, we are taught the theories and practical applications of audio in multimedia. Although the course itself is okay, the readings are pretty damn boring. We are given around 50-100pages of required reading per week! And for me, that's too much to ask for students in the distance education mode, especially if most of the students are working.

One of the requirements of the professor was a 30-second audio advertisement on an advocacy we would like to promote. And since I'm vegetarian, I wanted my advocacy to be connected with Vegetarianism. I felt that 30 seconds was not enough though, as Vegetarianism is a very broad topic. So I narrowed it down to Vegetarianism and it's contribution to the environment.



As I was about to record my voice using Audacity (a software we had to use for the course), my headset was suddenly not working, and the weather wasn't cooperating either. I also had colds and asthma for the past couple of days, and had put recording to a later date. But then today is the last day of submission so I had no choice but to start recording even though I was sick. I tried to check if it was my laptop which was faulty, so I tried my headset using my mom's laptop. It was also not working, so I needed another recording device. And so I did my recording using my younger brother's Ipod Touch, and it worked well. I sent the file to my email address, but then I had another problem. The file was .m4a, and it can't be read using audacity. So I looked for an audio converter software in the internet, and I found AnvSoft Any Audio Converter. The file converted into MP3 swiftly and clearly. I had my final editing and added music in Audacity, before I uploaded the final file.

Here's the final file. Apologies for my apparent gasping for air. My colds and asthma really made it difficult for me to speak clearly during the recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...