Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Batangeño friend

My friend managed to visit again the other day while my brother and I were in the hospital. I also called another friend so he and they had the usual kamustahan on the phone. We also had a few chit-chat while having some snacks. Since we were still waiting for the operation, when my friend was going to leave I asked him to show me how to go to the nearby mall from the hospital. And so he went with me, and we continued to talk while at the jeep and even at the mall.


Nilibre ko siya ng Zagu kasi ang init ng panahon, at nilibre naman niya ako ng pizza sa Greenwich. Hehehe. Matagal na nung huli kaming nagkita kaya kahit dapat magkikita sila ng kasintahan niya ng alas tres, umabot kami sa kwentuhan ng alas kwatro. Nagkwentuhan lang kami ng mga bagay-bagay, mga problema, mga pagsisisi, at kung anu ano pa. Siya rin kasi ang isa sa mga malapit ko na kaibigan noong ako'y nasa Pampanga pa. Pagkatapos namin kumain ay naghiwalay na kami ng landas. Dadalaw siya sa Maynila ng bandang Septyembre at sana magkita kami ulit.

It's quite a touching experience to meet again a close friend whom you haven't seen for a long time. There's awkwardness at first, as both of you don't know where to begin or what to talk about, but both of you are comfortable enough in just having each other's company. Just goes to show that friendships and most relationships, if true, will and should be able to stand the test of time and distance. As there is a saying, a relationship knows no bounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...